Happy Tuesday, friends! I’m currently flying over to the west coast with my fam 🙂 We are spending a few fun days in LA! When I was packing this weekend, I decided it’d be fun to show y’all my essentials for my carry-on bag. Personally, I love using a backpack when traveling through an airport. Being hands-free is essential to me! This bag has been my go-to for school and traveling for probably 5 years now, and it’s still in great shape!
These are all of the items I feel that I “need” next to me while I’m on a trip. I have gotten my list down to the only items that I swear by every time!
- Neck Pillow/Scarf/Sweatshirt – I just purchased this neck pillow! I’m really excited to see how it is. It’s memory foam and apparently very nice. I also bring along a sweatshirt!
- Cozy Socks – I CANNOT travel without some thick socks. It can be 110 degrees outside and my toes somehow still manage to feel like little ice cubes.
- Glasses – I always keep my glasses close to me when traveling. Definitely want to be able to take your contacts out if ya need to nap!
- Phone charger
- Laptop + charger – Depending on the length of the flight/trip, I often like to have my laptop with me!
- Headphones ( + charger) – For your favorite playlists 🙂
- Book(s) – I think I love to read on planes more than anywhere else.
- Notebook/Bullet Journal – Bullet journaling is so fun! Travel time seems to be some of the best time to pull mine out and design a couple of pages.
- Pens/Pencils – I bring a few of my favorite markers for the bullet journal and keep them in a bag!
- Planner – At all times
I like to store my chords in a little bag to keep things as organized as possible! It’s also easier when your backpack doesn’t feel like a black hole.
- Scrunchies/Hair ties – I pull up my hair constantly.
- Chapstick – No thank you, chapped lips!
- Hand Lotion – Soooo necessary when flying
I also keep these items in a makeup bag! It makes it really nice to know where to go when you quickly need a bobby pin.
- Snacks – I usually will bring a few from home, but there’s something so exciting about picking out a snack at the airport. What is that feeling?! I love the vacation anticipation!!
- Empty Water Bottle
Let me know if you want to see more travel posts! I have lots of packing tips to share 🙂