Today’s post is SO exciting because it’s an activity, and it’s delicious!! This coffee cake is super perfect for St. Patty’s day and is green!! My mom has been making this every year for as long as I can remember. The cookbook it came from is literally in several pieces lol. You can use the Pinterest friendly recipe near the bottom to save to your board for later! Enjoy!! Xo
Green Coffee Cake
- 1 package golden butter cake mix
- 1 package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 pint sour cream
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- green food color optional
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts optional
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Mix together the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, almond extract, and food color.
- In a separate bowl, combine the nuts, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Pour half the batter into into a bundt pan or Angel food pan, then add half the topping (we use a little more cinnamon sugar than called for).
- Do not preheat the oven. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour. Allow to cool in the pan for 1 to 2 hours.